Functional Family Therapy
Who We Are
Functional Family Therapy (FFT) is a short-term, evidence-based program that is offered in your home or office based setting, whichever is more comfortable for your family. FFT therapists are licensed Master’s level clinicians who receive on-going, specialized training through FFT, LLC and are held to the highest fidelity standards to promote successful treatment outcomes. Additionally, the program receives monthly consultation and support from a national FFT, LLC consultant.
How FFT Can Help
Participation in FFT services will help you:
- Create better relationships with your family
- Learn better ways to manage anger and resolve problems without fighting
- Improve communications between family members
- Build trust and respect within your family
- Prevent or reduce involvement within the juvenile justice system
How It Works
FFT is a 3-phase therapeutic intervention with specific goals for each phase. As the goals are met, the family transitions to the next treatment phase. The program typically consists of 12 to 16 sessions with additional sessions available for more complex needs. With consistent and regular participation, the program can often be completed within 4 to 5 months.
Treatment objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the issues your family is struggling with
- Reduce negativity, hostility and blaming between family members, while providing hope that change is possible
- Find specific ways to change the problems/behaviors that are challenges to your family
- Use specific techniques and build upon your family’s strengths to increase functioning in your family
- Develop a plan to prevent relapse into problem behavioral patterns
- Find and/or develop supports to maintain the positive changes made in therapy
FFT is offered to families with youth aged 11-18 who are struggling with social, emotional, or behavioral issues in the following counties: Penobscot (to Charleston/Old Town), Hancock, Somerset (to Solon), Kennebec, Lincoln, Sagadahoc and Androscoggin.
Help Childrens Services
You can help Catholic Charities Maine - Childrens Services and our mission to help the poor and vulnerable just by shopping through Goodshop.
Goodshop offers Babies r us coupons, Tiny Prints deals, savings at The Children's Place, and many more money-saving deals.
And up to 20% of what you spend will be donated back to our cause! It’s that easy!