Donations Processor - Freeport Thrift Store
Threads of Hope Freeport
136 Main St., Lower Level
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals, Students, Families, Groups/Corporate Groups
Primary Classification(s): Merchandise
Position description (brief): Donations Processors help Threads of Hope Thrift Store in Freeport to receive, organize, and display donated items.
- Greet donors
- Fill out donation receipts for donors
- Sort donations appropriately
- Price donations
- Dispose of unwanted items
- Restock inventory in the storage, as well as assist in the restocking of the sales area
- Assist customers as needed
Impact of opportunity: Donations Processors play a key role in supporting the daily operations of Threads of Hope and its mission to provide its customers with affordable clothing and other goods while also raising money to support other agency programs.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Positive attitude and friendly personal manner when interacting with customers, other volunteers, and staff members
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
Training Offered: Volunteers will receive Catholic Charities Maine Volunteer Orientation and training in donations processing will occur on-site when volunteers begin service.
Time Commitment/Schedule: The Thrift Store has a need Donations Processors during regular store hours. Hours are TBD.
- Gain behind-the-scenes experience serving in a positive retail environment
Program Contact: Annette Millett, AMillett@ccmaine.org