Processing Specialist - Threads of Hope Presque Isle
Threads of Hope
11 Davis Street
Presque Isle, ME
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals; Groups
Position Description: Processing Specialists help Threads of Hope to receive, organize, and display donated items.
- Cleaning, pricing, categorizing, and packing donated items
- Testing small appliances
- Keeping processing area cleaned and picked up
Impact of Opportunity: Processing Specialists play a key role in supporting the daily operations of Threads of Hope and its mission to provide its customers with affordable goods while also raising money to support the Food Bank.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to lift 30 lbs unaided
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to serve independently and collaboratively with attention to detail
Training Offered: Catholic Charities Maine Volunteer Orientation and position-specific training
Time Commitment/Schedule: We are seeking volunteers who are available to come in at least 3-4 hours per week when the store is open (Mon-Thurs: 9am-4pm, Fri: 9am-8pm, Sat: 9am-4pm).
- Gain behind-the-scenes experience serving in a positive retail environment
Program Contact: Debbie Pelkey, (207) 493-8910 or email@example.com