Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate?
We work statewide with both licensed child care providers and unlicensed providers with vouchers.
How much does it cost to join?
The program is FREE.
Are there income guidelines to participate?
No, but, in order to claim your own children, you will need to supply income documentation.
Who gets CACFP meals and snacks?
Enrolled children/adults to include infants, are eligible to receive up to two meals and one snack each day through the CACFP. Migrant children age 15 and younger, and persons with disabilities, regardless of their age, are also eligible for CACFP.
What do I have to do to participate?
- Serve meals that meet the USDA guidelines.
- Keep accurate daily records of:
- the children present;
- the number of meals served; and
- a menu of what was served.
- Submit forms at the end of the month.
What do I receive by participating?
- Monthly Cash Reimbursement for meals served to each child that meets USDA guidelines. The limit for meals reimbursed per day is three per child. One of the meals must be a snack. You will be able to continue serving nutritious meals and snacks despite rising food costs.
- Technical Assistance – recordkeeping, menu planning, creditable foods.
- Free Nutrition Information and Training.
- Monthly Feedback regarding your claim.
- Forms and records that can be archived online.
How do I join?
Simply call us at 1-800-784-0157 or email to get started!