Catholic Charities Maine Program Updates
Last Updated: June 1, 2020 / 10:50 AM
Unless otherwise noted below, Catholic Charities programs are operating business as usual.
Please note: We respectfully ask you to help keep our locations safe for our staff and those we serve. If you recently traveled out of state or abroad OR you are experiencing any symptoms of the cold, flu or Coronavirus at this time (fever, cough, shortness of breath) please do not visit, simply call the Program to make arrangements for your care now or in the future.
Behavioral Health Network - Portland, Fairfield & Bangor locations
- Telehealth outreach and support to Behavioral Health Home, Community Integration, Functional Family Therapy and Assertive Community Treatment clients will continue until further notice.
- All Behavioral Health Home Vocational, Health & Wellness, Housing & CIPSS Groups are cancelled until further notice, please check back for updates.
- All Substance Use Disorder treatment groups (including the Intensive Outpatient Program) are suspended until further notice. Clients will be supported via telehealth.
- Medication Assisted Treatment will continue if clients are not exhibiting any symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus, or by telephone as needed
St. Francis Recovery Center
- No visitors are allowed at the residential program until further notice.
- Any new clients will require screening to confirm no current symptoms are evident (cough, respiratory symptoms, high temperature, sneezing) and no exposure risks (confirmed individuals or areas known for high infection rates) within the previous 18 days
- Outpatient substance use disorder counseling is occurring via telehealth and will continue until further notice.
- All outpatient substance use disorder counseling groups are suspended until further notice. Individual counseling via telehealth is being offered as needed and will continue to be reassessed.
Catholic Charities Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Provider trainings are postponed. More information on how to access the 2020 annual training will be sent to providers by email and USPS mail in the weeks to come.
Jessie Albert Dental & Orthodontic Center
- The Center is open as of June 1, 2020.
Parish Social Ministry
- The Matthew 25 Award application deadline has been pushed back to the fall with a date to be announced.
Refugee & Immigration Services
The RIS office will be closed until further notice; however Staff are working remotely.
RIS will still be providing essential services to clients including, access to clinical care for medical emergencies and ensuring access to food and basic necessities.
RIS clients in urgent need of assistance should call their case manager. If unable to reach their case manager, RIS clients may call Rosine at 207-807-7656.
SEARCH (Seek Elderly Alone, Renew Courage & Hope)
- The SEARCH Offices are not open for meetings/walk-ins but Staff are available by phone/email.
- In consideration of the Governor's request to implement social distancing, SEARCH volunteers will only be providing in-person visits to clients who have essential needs upon request. Volunteers and Staff will continue to provide weekly outreach via telephone to all clients during this time.
St. Elizabeth’s Child Development Center
St. Elizabeth’s Child Development Center is open from 8 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
St. Louis Child Development Center
St. Louis Child Development Center is open from 7:30 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Threads of Hope Thrift Stores -
Our Northern locations are open! Including Presque Isle (State Street) Presque Isle (Mall location) and the Caribou outlet. Our Sanford location is also open as of June 1st. Our Portland store plans to re-open June 6th.