Donations Pick-up Helper - Threads of Hope Sanford
Threads of Hope Thrift Store (Sanford)
Shaw's Plaza (Center for Shopping)
1364 Main Street
Donations Pick-up Volunteer Helper
Related Program: Threads of Hope Thrift Store - Sanford
Threads of Hope
Shaw's Plaza (Center for Shopping)
1364 Main Street, Sanford, ME
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals; Summer Helper, Groups
Position Description: Threads of Hope Team Members volunteer to help maintain a safe, friendly, donations pickup experience for our clients
- High School Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of basic math skills
Experience Qualifications: The Donation Pick-up Helper shall have previous work experience sufficient to indicate an ability to successfully undertake this position.
Personal Qualifications: Reliable, outgoing, and friendly with a take charge attitude.
Be committed to the mission of the Agency.
- Volunteer in harmonious relationship with all Agency staff, volunteers and community.
- To accept shared responsibilities and authority with other team members to successfully accomplish the goal of each team of which he or she is a member.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- To assure quality in work performed in order to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Be punctual for scheduled volunteer work
- To follow Catholic Charities USA's Code of Ethics, and, inasmuch as they are congruent with these, to follow applicable professional codes of ethics. In addition, to comply fully with all relevant licensing, certification, accreditation, and legal standards as required by the agency, contracts, Medicare, Medicaid (MaineCare), HIPAA and other applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be age 21 or over
- Loads, and unloads materials in a manner that safeguards, protects and prevents damage to property, donations and equipment.
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50lbs and more. Bend reach and grasp with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, tolerate environmental issues such as dust, heat and cold as well as meet all physical requirements to perform the duties within the store including material handling, accepting donations and processing items without accommodations.
- Ability to lift gear, use of hand truck, furniture dolly, carts and other standard store and specialty equipment as needed (no forklifts).
- Helpful and friendly Customer Service with clients at pickup of donations
- Helping in the warehouse
- Impact of Opportunity: The Donations Pick-up Helper volunteer plays a key role in supporting the daily operations of Threads of Hope and its mission to provide customers with affordable goods while also raising money to support the agency.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Ability to provide friendly customer service
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Attention to detail
Training Offered: Catholic Charities Maine Volunteer Orientation and position-specific training
Time Commitment/Schedule: We are seeking volunteers who are available to come in at least 1 day a week - for example Wednesdays and can help approx. 4 to 8 hours - 1 day a week when the store is open (Mon-Sat: 9am-4pm).
- Gain experience serving in a positive retail environment
- Help your community with recycling.
- Program Contact: Becky Stanley-Monroe or [email protected] - 207 324-2149 - for questions, or more information
Click Here to Apply Online
< Back to Volunteer Opportunities