Team Member - Sanford Store
1364 Main Street
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals
Position description: We are looking for outgoing individuals to be a part of our team. If getting out of the house and giving back to the community is what you are looking for, we could use your help! Help us keep the store clean and organized, as well as assist us with donations. Must be 18 years of age or older. Dependability a MUST.
- Sorting through donations
- Greeting customers
- Cleaning items and putting them on the floor
- Moving furniture
- Organizing and cleaning the store
- Hauling bags to the storage trailer
- Emptying the trash
- Helping staff with other tasks
Impact of opportunity: Give back to your community, and help make a difference.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Ability to stand for a few hours at a time (Mon-Sat, 4-5 hour shifts)
- Ability to lift and carry 20-40 pounds regularly
- Ability to help move furniture with employees
- Good customer service skills
- Dependability and honesty a MUST!
Training Offered: On-the-job training by supervisor
Time Commitment/Schedule: 4-hour shifts, typically four or five days per week. Ongoing commitment of six months or longer. Fridays and Saturdays a MUST.
- Volunteer will receive a 10% discount on any purchases
- Volunteer will assist store in its mission to help support local food banks along with another 30+ programs
Program Contact: Mary Lou Bowie, (207) 324-2149, MLBowie@ccmaine.org