Rest Time Caregiver
229 Pool Road
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals; Grandparents; Retirees; Seniors; those who love caring for children
Position description: We need your love and compassion for children to help the center out during naptime. St. Louis is seeking a volunteer to help in the classrooms from 12:00pm-2:00pm as a person who aids with rest time responsibilities. There are also opportunities to help out the teaching staff by preparing activities for the following day. We are currently seeking naptime monitors every day of the week in our toddler room and Wednesday/Thursday/Friday in our infant room.
- Rubbing children's backs to aid them in falling to sleep
- Helping to sanitize playing surfaces and play items
- Helping to prepare educational enrichment activities for the children
Impact of opportunity: The Rest Time Caregiver allows the classroom teaching staff a break to recharge themselves before the pm activities start up in the afternoon. It also allows staff planning time, so that they can offer the highest quality programming to children. The center strives to make a difference in each child’s life and the Rest Time Caregiver has an important role as she/he provides a caring and positive adult interaction to the children we serve.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass all background checks
- Must love working with/relating to children
Training Offered: We provide 6 training days per year specific to quality child care education-the Rest Time Caregiver is free to join any of these training opportunities.
Time Commitment/Schedule: Any weekdays from 12pm-2pm
- Direct experience working with children 6 weeks to 5 years of age
- Broader knowledge of what comprises quality child care (we are nationally accredited through NAEYC)
- Having fun and interacting with children - to make a difference!
Program Contact: Rebecca Toliver, firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 282-3790