VISTA Position: Resource Development Specialist for New Mainers
Refugee & Immigration Services
80 Sherman St.
Portland, ME 04101
Overview of Position:
The Resource Development Specialist will increase program capacity for creating and sharing resource to be used by staff members, and to be shared with refugee clients.
Tasks of the Position:
Create and Compile training, marketing and community resource materials:
- Develop outreach materials, PowerPoints and trainings used by staff.
- Write and send out a monthly newsletter to update community members on the happenings of the office and within refugee resettlement world wide.
- Create footage and photos of services provided.
- Collaborate with communications office in order to update CCM facebook page and advertise CCM RIS trainings.
Facilitate CCM RIS objectives under the POWR grant including:
- Managing and editing Train the Trainer materials
- Organizing and facilitating Train the Trainer orientations
- Supporting ongoing volunteers for Train the Trainer
- Liaising with Parish Social Ministry office
Support the Community Integration Liaison with outreach efforts
- Participate in In Their Shoes trainings
- Attend community meetings and presentation as needed
- Experience working with diverse populations (Must be comfortable in interacting with staff and clients of all nationalities)
- Maturity, dependability and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and able to take initiative and work independently
- High school or GED completed. Ideal candidates will have a college degree, or some college completed as well
- Solid computer skills – internet, databases, Microsoft Office, and preferably some photo or video editing programs
- Creativity with writing and visuals
- Good spoken and written English ability
- Ideal candidates will be bilingual in Arabic, Somali or French. New Mainers are encouraged to apply!
Training Offered: Catholic Charities Maine Volunteer Orientation, Introduction to RIS and the position; Additional training as needed.
- This is a full-time position in Portland which- through AmeriCorps- receives: a living stipend of $11,796, an education award of $5,700 at the end of service, health coverage, training and when applicable- childcare and relocation support.
- Great exposure to the non-profit field in an office that is actively engaged in the community
- VISTA members can hold a second job, or attend some college if approved by the supervisor
Timeframe of position:
- Start: 3/6/2017
- End: 2/28/2018
If you are interested in applying to this position:
Contact Hamet Ly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-493-8913, and she will discuss with you the process to apply. Application deadline is January 13th, 2017, or sooner if the right applicant is identified.