According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than one in ten Maine residents live below the poverty line. Over one-quarter of Mainers have a household income that classifies them as poor or near-poor, with children and seniors particularly at risk.
Today in Maine, at least one in ten of our neighbors:
- Is struggling to put enough food on the table to feed the whole family
- Is on the verge of losing their home
- Doesn’t have enough money to afford necessary utilities
By making a contribution to Catholic Charities Maine, you can change someone’s life.
Will you help us?
- Collection key: "event-float" does not match a valid collection$500 keeps the lights on in a home for a year
- $300 provides emergency rent to help a family avoid eviction
- $200 supports a week of safe, quality child care so a single mother can go back to work
- $100 feeds a family of four for up to two weeks
- $50 helps a family replace some essentials from our Thrift Store after a house fire
- $25 buys a gas card so a patient can make his medical appointments
Will your employer match your gift amount? Contact your human resources department to see if your gift is eligible to be matched.