SEARCH: Seek Elderly Alone, Renew Courage & Hope
For seniors, especially those on a limited income, being able to live at home can be both a blessing and a curse.
SEARCH connects isolated seniors with community volunteers in Androscoggin, Kennebec, and Sagadahoc Counties, and in parts of Franklin and Lincoln Counties, along with Brunswick & Harpswell in Cumberland County. Our volunteers bring skills, enthusiasm, and companionship to their lives, while assisting with a variety of support services:
- Friendly visitation and companionship
- Telephone reassurance
- Helping them with appointments/errands and grocery shopping
- Assistance with some in home tasks/projects
- Doing socialization activities together
- Help with correspondence/forms
- Help with yard work
- Referral to other services & programs when needed
Are you or someone you know living alone and in need of a helping hand or an understanding ear?
Request assistance now.