Matthew 25 Award & Mini-Grants
The Matthew 25 Award offers one-time financial assistance to every cluster in the Diocese to meet the immediate needs of their community.
To apply for Matthew 25 Award funding, please contact Deacon Frank Daggett, PSM Program Manager, at 560-7822 or [email protected].
The guidelines and application form may be downloaded here.
Some parishes that have benefited from the Matthew 25 Award include:
- Saint Thérèse of Lisieux Parish to address food insecurity during the pandemic
- Good Shepherd Parish to support an Esther Residence program to develop parenting skills
- Our Lady of Hope and Portland Peninsula & Island Parishes received funding to assist Portland residents with fuel, food and winter clothing
- St. Leo the Great and St. Mary of Lourdes are general client assistance requests
- St. John Vianney received funding to assist area residents with heating fuel
Matthew 25 Mini-Grants
For smaller projects, a Matthew 25 mini-grant of up to $500 may provide a boost to meet a new or growing need. To apply, contact the Parish Engagement specialist for your region, or e-mail [email protected].
Focusing charity at the local level, where it is most effective and meaningful
“Matthew 25 is about getting back to the way our Church always was…neighbors helping neighbors and the Church helping those people who are really in need.”
—Steve Letourneau, CEO Catholic Charities Maine