Visitation Volunteer for SEARCH RSVP - Somerset
SEARCH - Somerset
Key Responsibilities: (specific tasks volunteer will be working on)
- Visit an elderly person 3-4+ hours per week and provide services as agreed upon
- Notify the SEARCH/RSVP Somerset program of any changes or concerns regarding the person’s circumstances
- Send in a monthly service report
- Maintain regular communication with SEARCH/RSVP Somerset Project Director.
- Understand and adhere to the principle of confidentiality
- Handle all financial transactions in an honest, responsible manner and report them accurately to the person served and to the program
Make referrals to other community support as needed on behalf of the seniors in the program
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Education sufficient enough to be able to communicate in a capable manner and to be able to communicate reports to the program staff
- Experience with the elderly on a formal or informal basis (recommended)
- A willingness to demonstrate patience, sensitivity, flexibility
- The ability to listen to, work with, and help an elderly person
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license with state required insurance and car inspection.
- RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) volunteers are ages 55 and above and join our senior corps project working with seniors.
Training Offered: Visitation Volunteers must participate in Catholic Charities Maine Volunteer Orientation and initial training offered by the program, and then he/she may attend volunteer support group meetings or scheduled workshops as they are offered.
Time Commitment/Schedule: (Hours per week? Evenings/Days/Weekends? Long term? Full year? Semester? Flexible?)
3-4 hours per week preferred and the volunteer and senior that are matched work out their own schedule.
Benefits: (what will the volunteer gain from this experience?)
- Build a relationship with an elderly person and gain experience supporting him or her by providing the companionship and transportation services that are needed.
- Health benefits to the volunteer by giving back to a senior in your community.
Program Contact: Cindy Whitney, Project Director. 207-576-5730. email@example.com
Click Here to Apply Online
< Back to Volunteer Opportunities