Related Program: St. Louis Child Development Center
229 Pool Road
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals; Students
Position description Do you love infants? We need your love and compassion in our beautiful infant room. St. Louis needs extra volunteer support from 11:30 to 1:30 on Tuesdays.
• Holding, cuddling, and smiling at infants
• Providing other additional infant support as needed
Impact of opportunity: People who volunteer as Infant Care Support Providers help provide extra support during the middle of the day. St. Louis CDC strives to make a difference in each child’s life and the Infant Support Provider has an important role as she/he provides a caring and positive adult interaction to the children we serve.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
• Must be at least 18 year of age
• Must pass all background checks and provide immunization records
• Must have experience in working with/relating to young children
Training Offered: We provide 6 training days per year specific to quality child care education. The Infant Support Provider is free to join any of these training opportunities.
Time Commitment/Schedule: Tuesdays from 11:30am-1:30pm.
• Direct experience with infants
• Broader knowledge of what quality child care comprises (we are nationally accredited through NAEYC)
Program Contact: Todd Winship, firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 282-3790