Store Greeter - Threads of Hope Portland
Threads of Hope Thrift Store
244 Saint John St.
Portland, ME 04102
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals
Position description: The store greeter would serve as the ‘first impression’ for shoppers by greeting and welcoming incoming shoppers at the store entrance and creating a positive atmosphere for guests to the store.
- Be the stores’ “first impression, brand ambassador”
- Greet Threads of Hope shoppers as they come enter, and welcome them to the store.
- Answer customer questions, and direct customers to other associated for assistance when necessary.
- Inform incoming customers of any ongoing promotions or specials underway at the store.
- Assisting store staff with other tasks as needed, including general maintenance.
Impact of opportunity: The store Greeter helps make Threads of Hope a welcoming and friendly place for shoppers. Also, the volunteer in this position can gain skills and experience interacting with the public in a retail environment.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Able to maintain a pleasant, friendly disposition.
- Ability to stay focused on incoming customers.
- Possesses a strong command of the English language.
- Willing to interact cordially with a diverse array of people.
- Able to remain standing for long periods of time.
Training Offered: Catholic Charities Volunteer Orientation & position-specific training
Time Commitment/Schedule: To be determined
- Gain experience in a retail environment
- Practice skills related to greeting clients, interacting with staff, fielding questions, and interacting with the public
Program Contact: Laura Trapletti, (207) 781-8555, LTrapletti@ccmaine.org
Click Here to Apply Online
< Back to Volunteer Opportunities