Related Program: Threads of Hope Thrift Store (Sanford)
1364 Main Street - Shaw's Plaza
Truck Driver & Donations Volunteer
Related Program: Threads of Hope Thrift Store Warehouse & Driver (Sanford)
Threads of Hope
1364 Main Street - Shaw's Plaza, Sanford, ME
Type(s) of Volunteer(s) Needed: Individuals; Students; Groups
Position Description: Threads of Hope Team Members volunteer to help maintain a safe, friendly, donations pickup experience for our clients
- High School Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of basic math skills
Experience Qualifications: The Donation Volunteer/Truck Driver shall have previous work experience sufficient to indicate an ability to successfully undertake this position.
Personal Qualifications: Reliable, outgoing, and friendly with a take charge attitude. Donation Volunteer/Truck Driver must have a clean driving record and have a Class B License. Must be 21 years of age to qualify for liability insurance to drive the truck.
Be committed to the mission of the Agency.
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must have a valid Class B driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must be age 21 or over to be covered under CCM’s liability insurance for driving CCM truck.
- Loads, transports and unloads materials in a manner that safeguards, protects and prevents damage to property, donations and equipment.
- Ability to lift gear, use of hand truck, furniture dolly, carts and other standard store and specialty equipment as needed (no forklifts).
Impact of Opportunity: Team Members play a key role in supporting the daily operations of Threads of Hope and its mission to provide customers with affordable goods while also raising money to support the agency.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
Training Offered: Catholic Charities Maine Volunteer Orientation and position-specific training
Time Commitment/Schedule: We are seeking volunteers who are available to come in at least 1 day a week - for example Wednesdays and can help approx. 4 to 8 hours - 1 day a week when the store is open (Mon-Sat: 9am-4pm).
Program Contact: Becky or Mary Lou, or firstname.lastname@example.org - 207 523-1152